He obtained his doctorate in 2020 at the University of Dschang in Cameroon working on the field of conservation of protected species which aimed to assess the influence of genetic variation and parasitism within populations of the goliath frog in order to identify the consequences on conservation.
The skills acquired in the genetics of animal populations and parasites allowed him to move from the conservation of animals to the elimination of malaria parasites. Now he is doing his post-doctorate on the study of Plasmodium malariae, one of the malaria parasites that has not yet been well studied. In this project, they propose to bring together complementary skills in clinical parasitology, entomology and genetics to contribute to advances in the understanding of the biology of the transmission of Plasmodium malariae (Pm)
- Areas of interest:
Population genetic, molecular parasitology, animal conservation, entomology
- Research – an overview of his research areas(s)
His main research interest now is to characterize the biology, genetic and molecular basis of differential susceptibility / refractoriness to P. malariae in Anopheles species using techniques such as transcriptomic analysis, RNASeq
- Research Areas:
1. Yougang AP, Kamgang B, Wilson-Bahun TA, Tedjou NA, Nguiffo-Nguete D, Njiokou F, Wondji CS.2020. First detection of F1534C knockdown resistance mutation in Aedes aegypti (Diptera: Culicidae) from Cameroon. Infect Dis Poverty 9, 152 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1186/s40249-020-00769-1
2. Tchami Mbagnia, M. C., Melachio Tanekou, T. T., Kengne Fokam, A. C., Nguiffo Nguete, D., Wondji, C. S., & Njiokou, F. (2020). PCR-based molecular identification of two intermediate snail hosts of Schistosoma mansoni in Cameroon. Parasites & Vectors, 13, 1-10.
3. Elanga-Ndille, E., Nouage, L., Ndo, C., Binyang, A., Assatse, T., Nguiffo-Nguete, D., … & Wondji, C. S. (2019). The G119S Acetylcholinesterase (Ace-1) Target Site Mutation Confers Carbamate Resistance in the Major Malaria Vector Anopheles gambiae from Cameroon: A Challenge for the Coming IRS Implementation. Genes, 10(10), 790.
4. Nguete Nguiffo, D., Mpoame, M., & Wondji, C. S. (2019). Genetic diversity and population structure of goliath frogs (Conraua goliath) from Cameroon. Mitochondrial DNA Part A, 30(4), 657-663.
5. Nguete Nguiffo, D., Wondji, C. S., Pone Wabo, J., & Mpoame, M. (2019). Microfilariae infestation of goliath frogs (Conraua goliath) from Cameroon. PloS one, 14(5), e0217539.