The CRID seeks to appoint 01 Post-Doctoral Research Assistant to work with Dr Ndo on a Wellcome Trust funded project that aims to investigate impact of metabolic resistance to pyrethroids on the vectorial competence of Anopheles funestus using various approaches such as experimental infections, transcriptomic (RNAseq, Gene Ontology and KEGG Pathways analysis), and functional genomics (RNAi and qRT-PCR).
The suitable candidate must hold a PhD or be advanced PhD student in biological sciences with a solid background in one of the following domain:
- mosquito vector biology or,
- insect immunity,
additional background in transcriptomics (RNAseq/qRT-PCR, Gene Ontology, KEGG analysis etc), functional genomics or molecular genetics will be much appreciated.
The Successful applicant will be encouraged and supported to pursue an independent career by applying to personal fellowship or grants building on CRID success in supporting its scientists to obtain various fellowships including Wellcome Trust, FLAIR royal Society, GCRF and NIH.
Main Duties & Responsibilities :
- Assist the Principal Investigator in designing research activities including field and lab works;
- Contribute to the analysis, synthesis and communication of research findings and disseminate findings through high-quality presentations, reports, and publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals;
- Supervise a team of master and PhD students, and other support staff towards achieving project deliverables;
- Develop additional research questions and assist in the planning and preparation of research proposals;
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade and nature of the role.
Applicant should provide a letter of motivation, a complete and detailed CV, A photocopy of ID card or passport ,at least one professional reference and For advanced PhD student, provide a proof that the defense will take place within the next 6 months . Deadline for applications: 27th January 2020, The applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details on this vacancy please click here : https://crid-cam.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Research-Assistant-Post-Doctoral-Recruitment.pdf
Founded in 2017, the Centre for Research in Infectious Diseases (CRID) is a Not-for-profit research centre providing an excellent environment for conducting high quality and internationally approved research on infectious diseases in Cameroon and Africa. With an excellent technical platform and in collaboration with the various national and international partners, CRID aims to support research on the continent through the training of young African scientists, in order to fulfil its vision which is to save lives through quality research and capacity building in tropical infectious diseases.
Our recruitment at CRID is purely based on skills, qualifications and experience. We are working to create a safe working area of work for all free from any prejudice.