CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
The Centre for Research on Infectious Diseases (CRID) launches a call for applications for the recruitment of a communication officer
[highlight background=”red” color=”black”]CLOSED[/highlight]
You will integrate a dynamic team working in the field of scientific research. In the Communication division, you are expected to bring your expertise to help improve CRID’s national and international visibility in line with its vision using various communication strategies and platforms.
The CRID is a research centre providing and excellent environment to perform high quality and internationally approved research on infectious diseases in Cameroon and Africa and contributing to capacity building by training the next generations of African scientists. Located in Yaoundé, Cameroon, we are working to fight against major infectious diseases such as malaria, sleeping sickness, yellow fever and emerging vector-borne disease as Zika or Dengue. The Communications officer will work under the authority of the Executive Director.
Communications Officer responsibilities:
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience.
- Maintain and regularly update the CRID’s website and intranet
- Develop, support and promote company goals, including message development, social media content creation and media outreach
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the CRID’s activities, products and/or services.
- Seek opportunities to enhance CRID’s reputation, and coordinate publicity events as required.
- Review and correct Scientific articles
- Public engagement
- Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews, and act as a spokesperson for the organization.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database.
- Excellent verbal communication.
- Be perfectly bilingual (English and French, although with a greater emphasis on English)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms
- Ability to synthesize relevant information
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software (InDesign/Photoshop)
- Love the challenges and be able to work under pressure.
Conditions of eligibility:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field
- Have at least 03 (three) years of experience in a similar position
- Be between 25 and 35 years old
Constitution of the file:
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover letter
- Photocopy of diplomas
- A reference letter
Deadline for receiving applications: January 31st,2019
Kindly send us your file to the following address: crid(at)crid-cam.net