The Department of Medical Entomology performs arthropod research for effective vector and disease management and control. Its activities are focused on the study of vectors of several diseases including arboviral diseases (dengue, chikungunya, Zika, yellow fever, Rift Valley fever, etc.), malaria, and sleeping sickness.
- Vector ecology and biology;
- Monitoring of insecticide resistance;
- Assessing the interaction vector-parasite (virus);
- Assessing the genomic, genetic and phylogeny of vectors;
- Establishing the link between insecticide resistance and fitness cost;
- Testing the new vector control tools;
- Assessing the molecular basis of insecticide resistance.