Our biosafety level 2 insectary provides a high quality and well secured environment in which researchers and students can easily and safely rear mosquitoes. This well-equipped insectary is subdivided into 6 sections:
- A Main room with working area and adults mosquitoes cages;
- A room for Anopheles larvae rearing (at 27-28°C)
- A room for Aedes larvae rearing (at 30°C)
- A special room for susceptible strains rearing
- A bioassay room where all insecticides testing protocols are run.
- A room for experimental infections, dissections and microscopy identification.
These rooms’ temperature and hygrometry are monitored by a wireless thermo-humidifier system to ensure appropriate temperature and humidity levels.