Post : Accountant
Contract : Fixed-Term
Report to : Finance Manager
The department of Administration and Finance at CRID are looking to appoint a full-time accountant to join the team on a fixed term contract.
The role will provide a high level of professional support to the finance manager and the finance team at large to efficiently manage finances.
This role will include:
- Preparation of asset, liability and capital accounts
- Recording all financial transactions
- Verifying each transaction for accuracy
- Preparation of budget forecasts
- Preparation of financial statements and reports as needed
- Carrying out financial analysis and advicing accordingly
The ideal candidate should be familiar with audits, invoices and budget preparations. He/she should demonstrate interest in managing accounting activities, including bank reconciliations, accounts payable and accounts receivable. The ideal candidate should also have excellent organizational skills and be able to handle time-sensitive tasks.
The ideal candidate should :
- Demonstrate Mathematical and analytical abilities
- Be Keen to detail
- Be Experienced in dealing with grants
- Be Able to meet deadlines
- Be Experienced in preparing financial statements/reports
- Have a good working knowledge of QuickBooks/or Sage Accounting systems.
- Maintain confidentiality
Founded in 2017, the Centre for Research in Infectious Diseases (CRID) is a Not-for-profit research centre providing an excellent environment for conducting high quality and internationally approved research on infectious diseases in Cameroon and Africa. With an excellent technical platform and in collaboration with the various national and international partners, CRID aims to support research on the continent through the training of young African scientists, in order to fulfil its vision which is to save lives through quality research and capacity building in tropical infectious diseases.
Our recruitment at CRID is purely based on skills, qualifications and experience. We are working to create a safe working area of work for all free from any prejudice.
You can learn more about us by visiting our website at www.crid-cam.net
Working conditions : Full time, 40 hours per week. (Fixed Term 2 years)
How to Apply: Send CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: November 06th,2020
More details about this job is available on this link : https://crid-cam.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/JOB-APPLICATION-ACCOUNTANT.pdf