CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
The Centre for Research on Infectious Diseases (CRID) launches a call for
applications for the recruitment of a communication officer
You will integrate a dynamic
team working in the field of scientific research. In the Communication
division, you are expected to bring your expertise to help improve CRID’s
national and international visibility in line with its vision using various
communication strategies and platforms.
The CRID is a research centre providing and excellent environment to perform high quality and internationally approved research on infectious diseases in Cameroon and Africa and contributing to capacity building by training the next generations of African scientists. Located in Yaoundé, Cameroon, we are working to fight against major infectious diseases such as malaria, sleeping sickness, yellow fever and emerging vector-borne disease as Zika or Dengue. The Communications officer will work under the authority of the Executive Director.
Communications Officer responsibilities:
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement an
effective communications strategy based on our target audience.
- Maintain and regularly update the CRID’s website and
- Develop, support and promote company goals, including
message development, social media content creation and media outreach
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including
publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and
other marketing material that communicates the CRID’s activities, products
- Seek opportunities to enhance CRID’s reputation, and
coordinate publicity events as required.
- Review and correct Scientific articles
- Public engagement
- Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews, and act
as a spokesperson for the organization.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with
journalists, and maintain a media database.
- Be perfectly bilingual (English and
French, although with a greater emphasis on English)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content
management systems, and social media platforms
to synthesize relevant information
time management and organizational skills
of desktop publishing software (InDesign/Photoshop)
- Love the challenges and be able to work under pressure.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, or
- Have at least 03 (three) years of experience in a similar
- Be between 25 and 35 years old
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover letter
- Photocopy of diplomas
- A reference letter
Deadline for receiving applications: January 31st,2019
Kindly send us your file to the following address: crid(at)crid-cam.net